I recently purchased a new popover pan from Amazon because Mike had no idea what I was talking about when I mentioned I wanted popovers. When the pan arrived it reminded me of lunches at the Zodiac in Neiman Marcus with my mom. I thought that my prime pan purchase was a great deal at only 13.99 and free shipping. Mike wasn’t sure what to think but now he is in love with these light airy “Roll Things” that get special strawberry butter.
· 3½ cups milk
· 4 cups all-purpose flour
· 1½ tsp. salt
· 1 tsp. baking powder
· 6 large eggs, at room temperature
· Non-stick spray
· ¾ cup butter, at room temperature
· ½ cup good quality strawberry preserves
Equipment you will need
· 2 popover pans
• Place milk in bowl
• Sift flour, salt and baking powder together into large mixing bowl.
• Beat eggs until foamy and pale in color; add warm milk.
• Gradually add flour mixture and beat on medium speed for about 2 minutes.
• Let batter rest for 1 hour at room temperature (this is an important step).
• Preheat oven to 450 F and spray popover or muffin pans with cooking spray (Pam).
• Fill popover cups almost to the top with batter and place popover tin on cookie sheet.
• Transfer to oven and bake for 15 minutes.
• Reduce temperature to 375 F and bake for 30 to 35 minutes longer, until popovers are deep golden brown outside and airy inside.
• While baking, make strawberry butter. Place the butter in the stand mixer and beat on high until light and fluffy. Add the preserves and beat until well combined. Serve pop overs warm with strawberry butter.